Monday, April 21, 2014

This week has been a little crazy with work on the Marc Steiner Show, Asking for donations and the Filbert Street Garden Work day. Although my schedule has been very busy the hard work will pay off.
So let’s talk radio, earlier this week a group of students including myself met with Dr. King to collaborate as a group. This was super helpful because we could help each other by sharing clips that we felt were good but just not on the right day. This gave me the encouragement to start to really pick and choose and to begin to see the flow for Tuesday. It was also helpful to see the opening that Conner wrote it gave me a format that I could adjust for my day. Also by collaborating we were able to lead into the next day. So after the meeting I began to continue to pull and move clips around. I struggle a bit trying to contact by partner from another class but continued on and resent the email to my group so we could be prepared for Fridays meeting with Marc. On Friday none of the clips that I had picked were available for listening. Although I was frustrated that’s ok I have worked it out and can’t wait to begin collaborating in the studio on Tuesday.
“ASKING” business for donations is harder then it looks. I continue to call, call back and e-mail business that JJ and me visited on April 12.  I guess just keep pounding away at that.

The Filbert Street Garden is a wonderful place to work and also enjoy. I am so glad for this opportunity to help such a wonderful community place. The garden workday was that hard work but that was ok I had brought my youngest son to help. He was also very passionate about working and getting things done. He kept asking Jason Reed what could we do next. I was in the group that begun to build the frame to cover the blueberries to protect them from the birds. I though when we had run out of supplies we had to stop. I was wrong; Carter (my son) and Jason began to search every junk pile until we had found more supplies to finish. Carter was so proud! I said since he had worked so hard I would finish so he could hunt for eggs. So as Carter enjoyed the garden with the children from the community I continued to mulch with my classmates. This community is very lucky to have a garden space like this to share and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment