Tuesday, March 4, 2014


 This week has been tough!  Although I put many hours into my research of Masonvillle Cove, I was never satisfied with my results. I feel that it was hard for me to show the history of the cove itself including the claw, the head and the shipyard. For this I plan to return to the Pratt Street library to access some vertical files that may be helpful to me now that I have some names and dates to reference. Especially to companies and people that use the land that is now the Dredged Materials Containment Facility. I found this photograph that displays how much this area has changed over time.
Soft Sites:Masonville was a blog that I found helpful as a jumping point for my research. This blog provided lots of photographs of the Masonville cove.

I am part of the event planning committee. We had our first time brainstorming together last Thursday. With two of our committee members representing our class at another activity I felt it was harder to began. As a group we just started plowing through the list of topics to begin organizing our thoughts and ideas. One of are big questions hanging over our head was, “What does the 2640 look like?” Cody and Conor were already signed up to visit the space with the class on Sunday and offered to take pictures to help with the event planning. One of our goals that we feel very passionate about is connecting the garden to as many aspects of the garden as possible. For the topics that needed handling we divided each sub area up to provide focus and direction for each person to began with. These may switch around but it does provide a focus to begin getting ideas and things done. I was happy to begin focusing on the children’s events, as this is my strongest skill. When the class decided on a time 3-8, I new how important the children’s activates well be. One idea was to have the children have a plant a seed type of make it and take it. I typed up all of the great ideas we had discussed and forwarded them on to the group and displaying how we have already started working as a team Rita used this to create a Google doc. that we can all work on together.

No comments:

Post a Comment